The ISP will revolutionize the franchise industry.
I started in 1998 by collecting franchise-related documents from around the world. They were drawn from public hearing transcripts, media articles and correspondence. I now have 1,500 of them from over 35 countries.
I began to notice patterns in behaviors.
What I didn’t have was a language to describe what I was seeing. I started to create keywords and keyword phrases to describe these behaviors. I now have over 1,000 of these industry descriptors.
Some examples are:
- 95 per cent of legal fees are paid by franchisors,
- Advertising fund use disagreements,
- Churning (serial reselling),
- Franchisee revolt,
- Lender’s due diligence not done properly,
- Never owe your lawyer money,
- Regulatory capture breeds its own incompetence
The ISP does a whole lot more than translate franchise gobbledygook into plain English.
If you would like to learn more, Why not download a free copy of my 2003 Ontario government proposal? Just click here: Information Sharing Project.