You search for information and start to look into it. Your heart or fear sometimes takes over.
Humans tend to accept some information and discount other data [confirmation bias] based on non-rational notions. The problem is we won’t know until it’s too late; after we’ve signed [hindsight bias]. Some deals are written in blood.
The system is the means of mining value from the franchisor’s customers [franchisees]: Max. cash per unit of time. The pre-sale means are best accomplished by deceiving and encouraging self-deception.
- Modern franchisors are in the life savings appropriation business. They use the mask of an operating business to confuse.
- Franchising is marketed to those individuals who have sufficient (1) ignorance and (2) capital to make the effort worthwhile.
- Qualified investors sign franchise agreements that re-defines (degrades?) themselves as near-slaves in the hope of return [Faust or Deal with the Devil].
- When you become aware, you are unable to defend yourself [$, emotion, trust].
- Franchise bar members are paid handsomely to maintain the machine and clean up the mess.
Lately, people seem to believe that betrayal is without personal consequences.