The Toronto Star reports on the death of Pizza Pizza founder Michael Overs in Everybody Knew his pizza Chain’s number.
Reporter Danny Gallagher states:
Michael Overs’ legacy started to take shape on New Year’s Eve in 1967, when he opened a 300-square-foot pizza joint at Parliament and Wellesley streets. He called it Pizza Pizza.
From that modest beginning, Overs turned Pizza Pizza into a quick-service icon and one of Canada’s leading chains for people on the go.
WikidFranchise exists because of the generosity of the owners of the already-published documents.
Franchise relationships are more complex than they appear to most mom-and-pop investors. These links would be a start in assigning the likelihood of experiencing opportunism in a franchised relationship:
- Michael Overs,
- Pizza Pizza,
- Lorn/Lorne/Lawrence Austin,
- Miami Subs,
- Dave Michael‘s public hearing testimony,
- Kevin Donovan,
- Nick Javor‘s public hearing testimony,
- Tony Martin, MPP Opposition Statement,
- FRANCHISING: a love affair gone sour,
- The secret empire of Pizza Pizza executive Lorn Austin,
- War and Pizza