You wanted a shortcut into small business and look where that’s got you, genius. Show a little discipline, faith and patience for once. Ok?
Pre-existing personality traits means many franchisees are unskilled and unaware (Dunning-Kruger Effect) and they sabotage their rescue by exercising the same low quality muscles
They don’t know/care to know the dance steps:
the returns for resistance in Year 1 can be taken back (plus, plus, plus) in Year 2, 3, 4…
Capital sucks and blows. Savvy?
- Pennies flow out from franchisor,
- overconfidence effect/pathological levels of optimism bias kicks in,
- we-can-drive-the-bus concept forms,
- principles are abandoned (egalitarianism, transparency, patience, loyalty),
- boundaries are enforced,
- pennies flow back to franchisor, and
- substantial old testament, MF dollars is ripped back (lessons in power for grapevine).
Cause/effect are mashed up (ie create a plausible story to sell to the honest but unaware masses of franchisees) with the exiting attorney/consultant/franchisor being served the shit sandwich.
Wicked clever. Just Wiki.
Few franchisees look in the mirror to see how their greed entered into their self- then other-betrayal.
In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell