A bright idea from down under.
- franchisees terrified of speaking on the record,
- how many problems?: “hundreds of complaints”,
- churning: serial reselling, gouging on supplies,
- South Australia is largest Australian small business state (+150,000),
- Commissioner has authority to mediate between franchisee and franchisor, and
- authority to report to Courts if one party refuses mediation.
- Franchisees get new advocate, ABC Adelaide
- Commissioner hired to protect small firms from ‘franchise bullies’, The Advertiser
- Small Business Commissioner, new laws for franchise sector, Business South Australia