What franchisor sends this message to the retail market?
Is it in acting in bad faith by destroying all existing Lick’s franchisees’ equity?
- Who would buy any of these outlets?
- Lick’s franchisees left fuming as restaurant suddenly closed, Toronto Star, June 28, 2013 (on WikiFranchise.org)
- Lick’s founder denies chain in financial distress, Toronto Sun, June 27, 2013.
- Troubled burger chain Lick’s has closed seven locations in eight months, Toronto Life, June 29, 2013.
- Couple baffled over burger franchise lockout, CBC, June 18, 2013 (link to television coverage).
The franchise bar, with perfect foreknowledge, will take what is left of their money in what will be (in the end) a hopelessly futile attempt at legal justice in Ontario. Talk to your premier and your small business loan provider not your a franchise lawyer.