Monopoly profits should not be the only criteria.
More and cheaper is not sustainable.
Pirates make someone else pay for their plunder.
- Want the truth? Ask a farmer.
The industrial food complex uses franchising as a means to produce, distribute and sell a rapidly declining quality product.
I will be sharing stories about the grocery industry in Ontario and Canada.
Some topics people talk to me are:
- food safety (malicious food tampering),
- less nutrition,
- 100 Mile Diets,
- the role of the franchise bar,
- suppliers’ inability to get shelf space,
- corporate concentration (all in the families),
- kickbacks, allowances, payola,
- higher cost + smaller variety,
- regulatory capture of government,
I encourage anyone with grocery industry experience to keep an eye on FranchiseFool. Why not comment or send along a guest (anonymous) article? I’ll post it here and on WikiFranchise.org.
Sometimes the real snakes wear the finest suits.