What do all these associations have in common with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval?
They are organizations controlled by franchisors that promote the sale of franchises into national jurisdictions.
- That is all they do: sell.
- There is no quality, at all, in what they do.
They also have, at best, voluntary Codes of Ethics which are almost never enforced.
In fact, some of the worst predatory franchise systems I have ever known, are long-standing members. It pays for them to join to bolster their credibility.
- Do not be fooled: these members are NOT a measure of investor worthiness.
In many cases, predators use this Mask of Respectability to disarm unwary potential franchise investors.
- World Franchise Council: Enhancing the global Franchise Community Take a look.
- International Franchise Association
- Canadian Franchise Association
- Franchise Council of Australia
- Franchise Association of New Zealand
- China Chain Store & Franchise Association
- The Franchise Association of Southern Africa
- British Franchise Association
As usual, I am always very pleased to debate any representatives from these organizations.
Or anyone from their financial institutions which buttress this facade.