September 5, 2010
Top 10 story views for August 2010:
- Franchisee Seeks Rescission for Alleged Bad Faith and Negligent Misrepresentation, 1,255 views, February 2009
- Hells Angels bricklayer plot busted, 634 views, November 2009
- Seniors beat up financial adviser with Zimmer frame, 387 views, December 2009
- Embattled eyeglasses empire grinds on, 373 views, July 2008
- Mister Freeze, 226 views, February 2002
- Ice cream dream becomes nightmare, 225 views, August 2010
- Millions are at stake in Pizza Pizza dispute, 119 views, September 1993
- Flamboyant ex-convict at centre of pizza battle, 117 views, May 1993
- Bulk Barn saddled with class action, 105 views, August 1999
- Freshii ideas, 89 views, May 2010
Check out how old these files are.
I wonder if the Toronto Star or Kevin Donovan (#7 & #8) knew people would still be reading about their ground-breaking franchise work 17 years from the published date?
Assigning an accurate reputation to an industry is a prerequisite for any sustainable relationship.
April 10, 2010
I never met Michael Overs but am familiar with his work.
The Toronto Star reports on the death of Pizza Pizza founder Michael Overs in Everybody Knew his pizza Chain’s number.
Reporter Danny Gallagher states:
Michael Overs’ legacy started to take shape on New Year’s Eve in 1967, when he opened a 300-square-foot pizza joint at Parliament and Wellesley streets. He called it Pizza Pizza.
From that modest beginning, Overs turned Pizza Pizza into a quick-service icon and one of Canada’s leading chains for people on the go.
WikiFranchise.org was created to help franchisee investors improve their decision making: It helps “connect the dots” regarding business risk. I provide additional services as well.
WikidFranchise exists because of the generosity of the owners of the already-published documents.
Franchise relationships are more complex than they appear to most mom-and-pop investors. These links would be a start in assigning the likelihood of experiencing opportunism in a franchised relationship:
- Michael Overs,
- Pizza Pizza,
- Lorn/Lorne/Lawrence Austin,
- Miami Subs,
- Dave Michael‘s public hearing testimony,
- Kevin Donovan,
- Nick Javor‘s public hearing testimony,
- Tony Martin, MPP Opposition Statement,
- FRANCHISING: a love affair gone sour,
- The secret empire of Pizza Pizza executive Lorn Austin,
- War and Pizza