In a previous posting today, I drew everyone’s attention to an ad that appeared in today’s Toronto Star.
It identified itself as Sip-N-Snack and claimed three things:
- Attracts Customers Like a Powerful Magnet!
- Now Launching in the GTA!
- Takes only one day a month
- Over $75,000 Annual Potential
- Including Locations from $16, 995! and
- Free Brochure 1-866-622-8722
Now click to this Vancouver Sun/The Province newspaper .pdf. Look at bottom left corner advertisement. Notice anything similar in this October 22, 2003 ad?
This ad identifies itself as Vendamax and Your Candy Company:
- Attracts Customers Like a Powerful Magnet! [same]
- Coming to Vancouver & Vicinity, [new city]
- Less than 2 hours per week (1 day per month?), [same]
- $40,000 Annual Potential [$75k in 2009]
- Locations included…$14,995 to get started, and [$16, 995, locations included]
- Free Brochure 1-866-622-8722 [same offer and telephone number]
I wonder how the investors in British Columbia made out with Vendmax and Your Candy Company? I wonder why a successful franchisor like this would want to change their company (specifically not mentioning the Vendmax name) but not bother changing the marketing?
NOTE: An ad wanting to sell 5o machines for $100 each.